Calcium Rich Foods
|We all understand that calcium is important for our body and also that most dairy foods are calcium rich foods, but do we know anything else about calcium absorption, deficiencies, calcium rich snacks or a calcium rich diet… Probably not!|
So here are a few suggestions and tips to enable you to meet your daily calcium needs.
Breakfast foods rich in Calcium -
Lunch foods rich in Calcium –
- Low-fat or fat-free milk with oatmeal or multigrain cereal in a bowl
- Cup of low-fat or fat-free yogurt with fresh fruits
- Glass of calcium-fortified orange juice with vitamin D
- Hot chocolate milk
- Simple glass of chilled low-fat or fat-free milk
Snack foods rich in Calcium –
- Grilled salmon or tuna with spinach on the side
- Grilled cheese and sun-dried tomato sandwich on whole grain bread
- Have a glass of low-fat-free milk instead of soda.
- Fresh baby spinach and tomato salad with low fat mozzarella
Dinner foods rich in Calcium –
- Cup of fresh fruit
- Fresh fruit smoothie with ½ cup of papaya, and or ½ cup cantaloupe, ice and low-fat or fat-free milk.
- Try flavored low-fat or fat-free milk, such as chocolate or strawberry.
- Have low-fat or fat-free frozen yogurt
- Try some pudding made with low-fat or fat-free milk
- Dip fruits and vegetables into low-fat or fat-free yogurt
- Have some low-fat or fat-free string cheese
- Grilled fish such as tuna, mackerel, salmon
- Make a divine salad with dark-green, leafy vegetables
- Serve broccoli or cooked, dry beans or green peas as a side dish
- Top salads, soups and stews with low-fat or fat-free shredded cheese
- Toss tofu with added calcium into stir fry and other dishes
CLINICAL Nutrition Packages
Health Risk Assessment & Prevention Program
Obesity | Cholesterol | Diabetes | CVD
Cholesterol Reduction Program
Weight Loss | Cholesterol | Pre-diabetes | CVD
Glucose Stabilization | Obesity Reduction Program
Pre-diabetes stabilization | Cholesterol reduction | Weight Loss | Cancer management
Intensive - Disease Management Program
Diabetes | Obesity | Cholesterol | CVD | Cancer Management
Alzheimer's Disease Treatment
Alzheimer's disease is the most common cause of dementia, which is the loss of intellectual and social abilities severe enough to interfere with daily functioning. Dementia occurs in people with Alzheimer's disease because healthy brain tissue degenerates, causing a steady decline in memory and mental abilities.
If you have anemia, people may say you have tired blood. That's because anemia - a condition in which there aren't enough healthy red blood cells to carry adequate oxygen to your tissues - can make you feel tired.
Read All About Health